Former Rykodisc label head and Loyola University, New Orleans professor George Howard speaks in a 2007 Master Class at Loyola about the economic and business realities that aspiring musicians and businesspeople need to face in order to succeed in today’s music business. Topics include:
- the economics of independence
- how capitalism supports the arts
- how technology is altering the economics of music distribution
- the Long Tail & niche marketing
- using the machinery of a capitalist economy to sell your music to people who want to buy it.